23 May 2008

outer loop crosstown

it's about time for another Bus Story, no? well, last week i was waiting by myself at the stop outside baylor when the medical center shuttle came by. i ignored it, because it only makes a loop around the whole area to stop at all the different hospitals, which is of no use to me if i'm going home. then i realized the driver had opened the door and was gesturing for me to get on. suspiciously, there was no one else on the bus. an approximation of what happened:

me: no thanks, i'm waiting for the 27.
driver: (arm waving/unintelligible speech)
me: (pointing to imaginary bus behind him) i'm waiting for the 27!
driver: (more smiling and gesturing)
me: I AM NOT GETTING ON YOUR BUS.

after a few minutes of this he finally shrugged and closed the door, like "your loss, i was going to put on some R&B, and take a romantic scenic drive around the med center, and we can get to know each other, and after i'll dump your body in the bayou". (i have a deep-seated fear of being stolen. this was instilled in me at an early age, and only made worse the time andie and i saw Hostel right before our trip to europe. she was convinced we would be sold into sex slavery.)

this has happened three times. even pretending to read a book does not dissuade him. yesterday i'm pretty sure he said "maybe next time" before he drove away. no, guy, there will never be a 'next time' when i want to take a bus ride to someplace that is NOT MY DESTINATION.

No comments: