21 November 2008

the league of unfortunate names

today's "really? REALLY?" news is brought to you by the lesser simpson and guyliner's choice in baby names, bronx mowgli.

this is my announcement to bronx, all celebrity offspring in general*, children of hipster parents who mistakenly thought that, like trucker hats and PBR, picking a name like butch would be ironically cool, and tom thomson who gave a talk at baylor last week: i feel your pain. trust me. my parents too suffered a severe lapse in judgment. any situation that requires giving my last name followed by my first fills me with dread, because it usually ends in 'who's on first'-style 'hilarity'. oh ha.

so my unfortunately-named comrades, i propose we start a club. together we can overcome. or at least beat up the people who make comments. strength in numbers, you know.


*except frances bean; i kinda like that one.

2 comments:

DLTDA said...

it's even worse that the kid's initials are BMW....how lame is that? I mean, seriously? But what would you expect from a pair of wannabes who are really celeb folk masquerading as quasi-indie retards. ughhhhh. I still get second-hand embarrassment thinking about the mother's "jig" on the set of SNL.

DLTDA said...

oh yeah, not to mention that I'm pretty sure "Mowgli" is taken from the Jungle Book's main character. UGHHHHHHHHH (in the voice of the Clipse).