22 June 2010

bauhaus-esque fascist snoozefest

from "I'm Comic Sans, Asshole":


[People love me. Why? Because I'm fun. I'm the life of the party. I bring levity to any situation. Need to soften the blow of a harsh message about restroom etiquette? SLAM. There I am. Need to spice up the directions to your graduation party? WHAM. There again. Need to convey your fun-loving, approachable nature on your business' website? SMACK. Like daffodils in motherfucking spring.]

my bitterness towards comic sans began in middle school, when my mother forced me to scroll through every font available in Microsoft Publisher until she found the perfect one to complement her sunday school handouts.  inexplicably, she always came back to it.  because what says 'fun-loving' and 'spiced up' more than a prayer card with 'bless me father, for i have sinned' in jaunty type?



No comments: