16 February 2010

cheap and cheerful

let's talk about how i'm really an eighty-year-old woman: my thrift store extravaganza yesterday was so successful that i cannot help but share it with the internet.  a $200 leather skirt, still with the tags?  $4.  a silk puffy vest in my favorite shade of yellow?  $2.  at buffalo exchange, i even traded half a bag of my old crap for a brand new kenneth cole dress, previously $150.  aside from the smell of mothballs, it was an excellent day.


wow.  i just reread that and i think i'm one bottle of metamucil away from assisted living.


whatever, this way my new clothing desire is satisfied and i can put the rest of my money toward a summer trip to rome.  sono molto pratico, quando ho bisogno di essere.


*while i was shopping in sand dollar, an ad for frank's red hot came on the radio.. apparently their slogan is "i put that sh- on everything"?  while frank's on pizza is my newest food obsession, isn't that a bit...edgy for a station that normally plays delilah?

No comments: