02 October 2009

sparklers and fringe

'it's a mystery of human chemistry and i don't understand it, but some people, as far as your senses are concerned, just feel like.. home.'
- high fidelity

i was given what may be the nicest compliment possible yesterday, which made me think of this.

it is a cruel joke to go outside in 70 degree weather (translation: chilly) wearing a wool skirt and my inspector gadget coat only to overheat on the walk from the parking lot AND look like an idiot for the rest of the day. it's october; starting now i'm basing my wardrobe on the theoretical season and not the temperature. houston residents, please look for me wearing mittens as i drink my gin & tonic on the patio of mcelroy's come december.

a song for the weekend: metric (again), who i'll be going to see at warehouse live next month.

No comments: