22 July 2008

home again

i am back. dave says massachusetts has made me mean and violent. (because i threatened to tackle him! sheesh.) i think it's just residual frustration from missing my connecting flight, getting on the next plane, buckling up, then being asked to get off. that or over-caffeination, because i really did go to dunkin donuts every day.

i know i talk about dunks a lot, but i never realized why until i thought about how integral to my life it was back home. for example:
- i broke up with my ex-boyfriend at the one on tyler street. (it wasn't an out-of-the-blue sort of thing, lest you think i am in fact that cruel. afterwards i didn't really like going there anymore.)
- there was a DD right across the street from the doctor's office where i worked in the summer, and sometimes coffee was the only thing propelling me through another afternoon of screaming into some elderly man's ear "what's your date of birth? your DATE OF BIRTH? yes, i am going to stick this needle in your arm."
- andie and i somehow managed to sneak coffee coolattas into the movie theater in our bags without making a mess.
- andie and i also spent every thursday morning there for a semester to recover from organic chem lab. and gossip.
- it was my first step towards becoming fluent in engrish. (working in science has now made that dream come true.)

there are a lot of pictures from my trip, but seeing as i just got home from the dentist and due to novocaine there are now a few striking similarities between me and an english bulldog, i'm going to save them for later.

No comments: